Monday, June 12, 2006

Tom Vek


Tom Vek - We Have Sound – 2006
4 & ½ stars out of 5

The new-alternative-indie-pop-rock-dance hipster

Tom Vek is another one of those indie pioneers. Literally recording in his parents garage on a reel to reel and also a four track to make simple demos to hand out to people. Luckily he knew some people that knew some people and his demo got the hook ups. As said, Tommy boy is a pioneer,

There is no way that I could not like Tom Vek, because I like all his buddies, such as LCD Soundsystem, Bloc Party, The Rapture, Moving Units, The Walkmen and The Presets, among pretty much every other awesome indie band I can think of.



We Have Sound is Vek’s debut of 2006. Tom Vek is awesome because of his song I Ain’t Sayin’ My Goodbyes, which is probably the best song of 2006. As well as C-C (You Set The Fire In Me). The fast disco beats with slashing guitars of Tom’s exasperating vocals.

Another great tune is the repetitive If You Want, with catchy lyrics like “If you want fire, then we better start smoking.” And “If you want war then we better start fighting.” Clever lyrics like that also put Tom to the top of the chain.

I highly suggest going out and buying this album. Or at least downloading I Aint Sayin My Goodbyes, cause that song is so good it makes your skin crawl. I am going to be expecting great things from Tom for a while now

No comments: