Monday, June 12, 2006

The Legend Of Zelda


Not only for legendary geeks

I have been playing the Legend of Zelda games practically before I could walk. I was obsessed with the best of the bunch, Zelda – The Ocarina Of Time, all through grade school. But I still play it. I beat Ocarina probably in about 3rd or 4th grade, and I still play it. I have beaten the entire game in just one day before, I have skipped certain levels right to the end, manipulated levels and bosses and weapons. I even “mastered” the recently released Gamecube version of Zelda – Master Quest. You could pretty much say I am the best there ever was or will be at Zelda; I know the game inside and out. Because honestly, can you think of any games that are better?

Ok, when it comes to the N64 I’d say the best games are 007 Goldeneye and, of course, our main game, Zelda. The sequel, Majora’s Mask, wasn’t awesome but Ocarina of Time remains the game, of the gamer’s game. Zelda; pretty much the ultimate gamers experience.



You know it’s a good game when you have been playing it from 1st grade up until 10th, and not even getting sick of it. I have been staying up all night helping my friend go through his own cartridge. He has seen the game beat many a time before, but now he is trying to conquer is own quest. And he pretty much sucks but with the help from the master (me) he could be saved yet. He just beat the Spirit Temple and is trying to survive Ganondorf’s castle. He is a few stressful minutes from the ending of this masterpiece. Only with the help of the Triforce piece of Courage. Can Link (Our adventurer) conquer the evil Ganondorf and save our princess Zelda.

We have been playing from midnight until now, 3:39 a.m. just that much closer. If you have never played the Legend of Zelda – Ocarina of Time, go out to your local pawnshop, pick up an N64 for about 50 bucks, find Zelda on eBay or at a garage sale, and party it up with your Zelda. Just make sure no one gets drunk and pees on your 64. Enjoy, gamer geeks and professional something or others alike.

No comments: