Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Screenplay, Part 1

A Screenplay by Adam Fitzgerald

“Just give me three good reasons you haven’t ever liked me.”
“What?”
“You heard me… three things I have ever done wrong!” Riley said, demandingly, as the rain falling from the sky became equivalent of that from their eyes.
“Riley, you know we have always been just friends, I have told you that!”
“That’s a lie! Why then, all these times, haven’t you just blown me off when I ask you out?”
“We go out as FRIENDS, I have always said that!”
“Diane, give me three good reasons why we are only friends then.”
“Riley…”
“Is it because I’m not all-state quarterback? Or running back? Because I can’t pitch over 80 miles per hour? What is it?”
“It’s none of that!” Diane responded, defiantly from the end of the driveway.
“Well those seem to be your favorite qualities in men because I think that describes your last three boyfriends pretty well. One of who you just left in there with some other girl.”
“Riley!” she began to break down.
“I don’t understand, Diane… why do you have to toy with me like this?”
“Riley… I can’t talk right now… I don’t even know what to say!” she turned around, opened her car door and began to get in.
“Diane, wait!” Riley exclaimed from his end of the driveway, close to the house, but she had already sped off.
“Dammit!” Riley ran over to his own car and drove off after her just as Craig came out.
“Dude, what the hell!” Craig yelled, getting splashed with muddy water, “What are you doing?” Where are you going?” He shouted after Riley’s car, but it had already disappeared around the corner.
“Great! Now what am I supposed to do? I’m friendless, ride-less and best of all, soaked. Thanks BUD!” Craig yelled into the black stormy night.
He turned back into the garage and into the house, shaking off some water and kicking off his shoes.

“Dude, Craig! You missed it! Dom just chugged that whole freakin’ bottle of Winchester and then passed out! Now his toes and ears are like, turning blue! It’s like the sweetest thing I have ever seen!” Matt slumped against Craig, spilling some beer on him, smiling stupidly.
“Dammit, Matt! Come on!” Craig yelled as Matt dripped beer on him “You should probably take him to the hospital. Isn’t Dom only like a sophomore?”
“Yeah dude! That’s the best part! He actually skipped his freshman year, he doesn’t even have a license or anything!”
“Yeah… again, someone should really take him to the hospital or take him home or something’. Hey Matt, have you seen Mary anywhere?” Craig asked.
“Uhh… yeah, I think I just saw her headed that way with Gruff Nyar.” Matt answered, looking around and pointing.
“Gruff? Varsity quarterback douche bag Gruff? Gruff that graduated last year?” Craig asked inquiringly.
“The same dude, my friend.” Matt responded, belching abruptly after.
“OK, I guess I will just be off then” Craig took a step up into the kitchen and walked through one of doors and into a hallway, taking a corner. Then ducking, barley dodging an empty keg being thrown, right out a window.
“Shit man! What the hell!” Crag exclaimed, turning to see the culprit. Then being grabbed by the neck of his shirt and shoved against the hallway wall, by a big brute wearing a varsity letter jacket.
“Craig Strip! You little piece…” the man said.
“Chris Taplin? Of Romeo? What the hell are you doing here?” Craig asked, confused.
“I’ll tell you what… man… I’m here cause… I love you, dude!” Chris yelled turning the hostility into a drunken embrace.
“That’s, uh, beautiful, man.” Craig said, gasping for air and patting him on the back trying to wiggle free.
Escaping he said “Don’t forget to turn in those keys, Chris!” he said, walking away. Then a bit down the hall he stopped and turned back. “Hey, Chris!”
“Hey! Yeah! Whatsup!!”
“Have you seen that girl, ya know, Mary?”
“Oh, that cute little brunette that is always wearing your jerseys in the stands at games?” Chris asked, slouching against the wall.
“Yeah, that one.”
“Yeah, dude, she just went into that room not more that ten minutes ago.” Chris said, pointing to a door.
“Alright, cool, thanks Chris”
Craig walked to the door, gave it a confused look, paused, took a deep breath and turned the handle.

No comments: